The Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority is committed to protecting water quality, odor minimization, cost efficiency, minimizing carbon footprint, and community service.
The following “Environmental Policy” applies to all operations at the Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority. All activities, products, and services that CCMUA controls, or is expected to control, are required to be consistent with this Policy.
Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority is committed to protecting the environment, preventing pollution, being a responsible steward of our natural resources, continually exceeding the requirements of all regulatory obligations, and the continual improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance and improve the sustainability of our operations. We will do this by:
- Optimizing water quality performance in order to protect the rivers and streams of Camden County.
- Optimizing odor control performance in order to minimize adverse impact to our neighboring community.
- Managing the Authority’s biosolids program in conformance with the National Biosolids Partnership’s Code of Good Practice.
- Maximizing cost efficiencies for the benefits of our ratepayers, without sacrificing environmental performance
- Reducing our carbon footprint, and our corresponding vulnerability, to climate change by increasing resiliency.
- Commitment to community service, improving the quality of life of our ratepayers through environmental protection and safeguarding of the public health.
(March 27, 2019)